Used 2000 Ford Explorer XLS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

2000 ford explorer
By 10phantom1

2000 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4dr SUV

We bought a 2000 Ford Explorer from a friend. All the doors don't work except the driver. We had to change oxygen sensors 3 times. The driver seat broke. The trunk broke. This car awful

better doors better metals

I Love my Explorer
By John

2000 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4dr SUV

I have had my Explorer for six years and have not one thing go wrong with my truck. No rust, but I always keep it in my garage when not in use. The only thing that I dislike is the harsh ride when not carrying any load in it.

Reliability.

Needs better suspension that gives you a less harsh ride.

WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN!
By dmw

2000 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4dr SUV

My Explorer has had transmission work done on it 3 times in 3 years. It seems like as soon as the one year warranty runs out, so does the transmission. I also have to replace brakes at least twice a year and my check engine light won't go off even after I had the oxygen sensor worked on as instructed by the mechanic. This truck has given me nothing but problems from day one!

The look of the vehicle.

Better transmissions and brakes.

2000 Explorer XLS
By kuli42

2000 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4dr SUV

I bought this car used with 40,000 miles on it. I have had a number of things go wrong (spark plugs, wires, oxygen sensor, IAC valve, transmission acting up). As long as you are willing and able to keep up with the "not-so-routine" maintenance it's not a bad vehicle. But when it developes a new noise just about every week that requires investigation, it gets a little tiring.

I love a truck, and it definitely rides like one. Very rugged, with a lot of low end torque. Lots of room and it sits you up high even though it's not 4-wheel drive. Has pretty good towing capabilities as well

I would have paid more to get the SOHC (single over-head cam) which elimiates pushrods. Also, if Motorcraft would have higher quality parts, perhaps I wouldn't be fixing it every week

My Best thoughts about my Ford Explore
By lindati2001

2000 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4dr SUV

We'll i haven't had the truck that long, but I Love the way the SUV drive and it's my favorite SUV model. And I hope,Ford will keep improving on there SUV Trucks . Because they drive so very well. And has great milage when i drive.

I love the color of my SUV it seems to change color and the way the seats feel are comfort and the style of the systems that they have in the SUV were you can listen to CD and a cassette. i love the cargo part were you can hold a lot of things.

Maybe be better rims on the SUV, Put some little tv for the kids for comfort for them.