2000 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
KEEP OIL CHANGED EVERY 4K miles and TIRES ROTATED
By woodinva on 02/23/14 04:26 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We are original owners of this car being our 2nd Eddie Bauer Ford EXPLORER 4X4 . Wife uses it as a commuter vehicle, I get it when anything is wrong with it....lol. We have 326k miles on the car. She commutes 30 miles daily 4 miles city 26 miles highway daily with vehicle. We got 350k miles out of the previous generation car before someone hit it and totaled it. You can get good mileage out of these cars if you dutifully maintain them. Husband has Ford Explorer Sport Trac for work around the farm and grounds. We also own VOLVO sedan Maintain these vehicles and they will last as long as we have had them. find a good mechanic after you have finished your first 100k with dealer service.

Will always have one in my stable of vehicles
By johnnyg1015 on 02/04/14 10:56 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV AWD

I recently purchased a 2000 Eddie Bauer Edition to replace a 1998 XLT AWD model that I gave to my parents in their mid 60's. First let me say that unless you buy the 5.0 version, all bets are off with the engine. The ford 4.0 was marginal at best. The 5.0 saw duty in the Mustang, Crown Vic, Thunderbird, and host of other cars. The engine will last well over 250,000 miles if you just change the oil every 3000 miles. I am the 3rd owner of this vehicle and it rides almost brand new. It has 125,000 miles and the paint and leather are a solid 8 out of 10. The back up alarm, heated seats, 6 disc cd, and all the steering wheel controls work flawlessly.