2000 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Happy Owner
By Ron Williams on 11/24/09 10:19 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 Explorer Limited just before the intro of the 2001. I average 18.4 in town and 20 highway and have 135,000 miles on it. I went thru the tire recall and a couple other minor recalls, but have throughly enjoyed this SUV. It's been garage kept and looks nearly as good today as the day a bought it. I really take care of my SUV as it is my second most expensive investment after my house. I'm not happy that the value has dropped so badly, but that's American for you. I'll drive this thing until either it or I dies. If I had my time to do over, I probably would have gotten the AWD.

Better with age
By steve on 07/10/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

I sold my 1999 Miata (sigh) - needed more room, haul a trailer, etc. I purchased my Limited with 87,000 miles on the clock. After replacing the original shocks and doing a tune-up we loaded it up and headed on a 6,000 mile vacation. Once I got used to the very truckish handling (a shock after the "your thoughts are my command" demeanor of the Miata), I learned to love this vehicle. Now at 108,000 miles, I would rate this as (gasp!) one of the most trouble free and usable vehicles I've ever owned. It pulls down a very respectable 17 city/22 hwy fuel economy and handles any chore I throw at it. I also bought a 1998 with a V8. The SOHC V6 performed just as well with double the fuel economy.

Why I love my Ford Explorer Limited V8
By look171 on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

This is my second Limited Edition Ford Explorer. I kept the first one for ten years. I have never had to do more than change the oil. I traded in my 1990 Limited for the V8 in 2000. The V8 made the car more even fun to drive. I even test drove the BMW X5 and still chose my Explorer. I believe my car is, flat out, the best SUV on the market and no where near the most expensive. I have driven this car for fourteen years and it still puts a smile on my face too this day!

2000 Limited
By wsws on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I enjoy my 2000 Explorer LTD V6 4X4 very much,

Sexplorer
By mibman on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

Nice car. Drives like a truck

better than average
By roughneck on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

Like the car a lot. Had 2 problems so far. The rear window wiper had a bad motor and needed to be replaced and the Idler air control (IAC) valve was sticking and needed to be replaced or the car would sometimes die at standstill. I also see that some parts are not lifetime. (Example: fuel filter) A small cost but on Toyota its a lifetime part. Among other recommended services Maintaince Costs can add up on this vehicle because the dealer has to do certain things like a complete transmission flush and fill every 30000 miles. An above average SUV for Premium Price in its class.