2000 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
2000 ford explorer
By 10phantom1 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

We bought a 2000 Ford Explorer from a friend. All the doors don't work except the driver. We had to change oxygen sensors 3 times. The driver seat broke. The trunk broke. This car awful

I Love my Explorer
By John on 07/21/06 18:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

I have had my Explorer for six years and have not one thing go wrong with my truck. No rust, but I always keep it in my garage when not in use. The only thing that I dislike is the harsh ride when not carrying any load in it.

WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN!
By dmw on 07/05/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

My Explorer has had transmission work done on it 3 times in 3 years. It seems like as soon as the one year warranty runs out, so does the transmission. I also have to replace brakes at least twice a year and my check engine light won't go off even after I had the oxygen sensor worked on as instructed by the mechanic. This truck has given me nothing but problems from day one!

2000 Explorer XLS
By kuli42 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

I bought this car used with 40,000 miles on it. I have had a number of things go wrong (spark plugs, wires, oxygen sensor, IAC valve, transmission acting up). As long as you are willing and able to keep up with the "not-so-routine" maintenance it's not a bad vehicle. But when it developes a new noise just about every week that requires investigation, it gets a little tiring.

My Best thoughts about my Ford Explore
By lindati2001 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

We'll i haven't had the truck that long, but I Love the way the SUV drive and it's my favorite SUV model. And I hope,Ford will keep improving on there SUV Trucks . Because they drive so very well. And has great milage when i drive.

2000 Ford XLS
By P.L. Eased on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

Overall pleased with FordXLS performance. Rides somewhat hard.Overall handles well. Steering somewhat over sensitive giving a truck- like response. Had series of problems with electrical system governing dash warning lights,( ABS, Air bag and engine). Took World technicians three extended repair visits to finally solve problem. Finish on one of luggage racks excessively worn. Ford is hedging on repairing/replacing.Reported prior to warranty expiration.

Not that great
By Young Mo on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

I have had several electrical problems with my truck, including the radio display, the rear wiper motor, the side mirror motor, and the rear glass defroster. Also had some 'mystery rattles' and am experiencing some idling problems. Will not buy another Ford! The dealership was not that helpful with repairs either.

Relibility Problems with Ford.
By Michael Cazeres on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

I have had the car for a little over 2 years, with 22,000 miles on it. My local dealership recently had to replace the transmission, a very expensive propositon if it wasn't under warranty. Other problems: air conditioner rattles, problems with the fuel gauge, accelerator pedal, noises from loose fitting parts. Ford also said they would not cover a rental car while they fixed this problem, even though it is under warranty. Not a good idea to bring repeat business! Anything amazing to say? Yes, I got a good deal on it, but other than that, I would buy a Japanese vechile next time.