1999 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: My LTD

1999 Ford Explorer SUV

My LTD
By shadyjd on

1999 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD

Bought at 30K and 30 months old. This gave me a little warranty time to check for bugs. Buttons in the steering wheel went out & passanger seat heater was always on. Wiring fixed & wheel replaced by dealer ($750) since then tires, brakes, oil & battery. A few minor problems. Passenger door doen't auto lock, am/fm light out (clock2), rear window loose (I often drive with it open. Great to haul in. I ski new powder. Great in snow with new tires( req: wilderness), slide a bit on ice but I do too. Over 6" I got chains. 12" No-problem! Leather seats are too hard. Engine lite on but I am getting +3mi/gl. so I have not reset it. Rough idle at start. Needs more nooks. Would not trade it for the world.

Snow, tow,glow & grow. Pulled 3yds of cement. Played in a field of fresh snow. Never stopped except battery. Auto lift works great but better mileage with 1000lbs.Go figure? 14 city. Ouch...21 hiway. Cool for an SUV. Easy step-in. I am short for an Expedition.

Battery. When door is open running & interior lights stay on. As battery voltage drops turn off any lites & cig. liter ( inverter has drained bat.). Lock nuts on rear window. Area for second battery & disk changer.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review