1999 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
I love my Eddie!
By WolfpackGirl on 05/01/06 03:15 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This is a great SUV. Purchased it after getting tired of my sedan. I love the visibility and safety. The ride is comfortable, the seats feel like I'm sitting on a sofa. When I retire this one I will buy another!

Eddie
By bbitter on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice car for the size.

truck sucks
By wolfie47 on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

i bought this vehicle with 12000 miles, needed new engine after 19000 miles, have 37000 currently and it already needs a new engine, i use mobile one full sythetic oil with wix filter, and run fuel cleaner every 4000 miles, and the engine is already breaking down. The tranny is also slipping while driving.

Love my Eddie Bauer!
By Rchap on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Have owned the vehicle for almost 2.5 yrs and it is as pleasurable to drive today as it was on day one. The V8 engine has plenty of oomph and gas mileage has been better than expected (15 city/18 hwy). The brute force of the engine and luxurious styling and features make the vehicle very versatile. Even though it is 4x2, I have taken it off road in the Arizona desert and it performed fine. So far, have not had any problems except for a minor electrical glitch with the wipers that was promptly fixed. Also, replaced the Firestone tires, even though I really liked them and didn't think it was necessary (dealer really pushed to replace on a maintenance visit).