1999 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
excellent car !!!!!!!!
By diana66 on 04/21/13 17:34 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

the best car i had ever have!!! i love it !!!

Wish I Could Have Kept
By staygold678 on 02/28/10 08:34 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

Great truck, but the gas around the city is crazy. I was spending 80 bucks a week just for daily commute. Bought the truck with a brand new transmission, and everything worked great. Hated to sell the thing but I cant live with paying that much..

my exploder sport
By sport man on 10/17/09 21:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

Ok well we got our exploder bout 3 years ago with only 56,000 miles on it and as of today there is over 171,000 miles on it and with the exception of the tranny the car runs great.... i never thought i would ever own a ford.

Buy American
By Mr. Smith on 12/12/08 07:44 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

I have been on light but rocky 4wd roads in Colorado, cruised the interstates 12-16 hours a day, up and down ice, snow, mud, sleet, rain, 0 degrees to 105 degrees with this 2wd machine and it drives like a dream and is still a beautiful red that looks like it came off a showroom floor. This baby has over 110,000 miles and will outlast any foreign SUV. Ford meant it when they said their trucks are built Ford tough. That means SUVs too. Best auto I've ever had and I have had a few good ones.

Great Bang for the Buck!
By Fedgar on 03/18/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

I am long-time Ford fan. Have owned three Explorer, hands-down one of the best products ever made by Ford. Plan on buying an '06 soon. Will definitely get the 4 door next time, but the two-door is very maneuverable in city traffic. Easy to park, very reliable.

zippy toy with lots of room
By Kayak Hike Ski on 06/12/06 21:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

I've put on two kayaks and stuffed the back full of camping gear. At 88,000 miles, it's always started when I turned the key.

Awesome SUV
By Krshaker15 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

I used to own a Saturn and I must say, buying my 1999 explorer was the best move I've made. Not only is 4x4 and quicker then my saturn, but I feel safer in it and it drives great.

1999 Ford Explorer 2 Dr. Sport
By LUVMYSPT on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

First of all this SUV is loaded with virtually everything you can put on one. I love this vehicle. I have large, but not illegal, Michelin tires on it. I can see all that is occurring a long distance ahead of me. I am 6' 3" tal and weight 230 Lbs. and I am comfortable in the vehicle, except I cant wear a hat. This is one of the nicest and safest vehicles I have ever owned. I have only 45,000 mile on it, and there is hardly a mark on it anywhere inside or out.

My bad investment
By joe blow on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

I was getting out of a 98 Mustang when I got this suv. It hasn't failed me except for once. I don't have too many complaints except for the driver's seat has broken, the rear windshield wiper doesn't work, and the middle console broke easily. It gets crappy gas mileage of about 14 city and 20 hgwy. I like my Explorer, but I don't love it.

Junk
By MJRaw on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

After buying the Explorer with 18k miles, we have had nothing but problems. 3 sets of front hubs, 4 fuel pumps, vapor locked twice, 2 sets of brakes, starter, the list goes on. I will not bore you with all the details. The worst thing about it, the resale price drops so fast that I can't even get rid of it for a decent price (what I owe)! I will never own another Ford product!!!!