1998 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: WILL ALWAYS LOVE IT!

1998 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Review

1998 Ford Explorer SUV

WILL ALWAYS LOVE IT!
By g8torgirl on

1998 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

I'm the original owner and primary driver-it's been flawless other than a new A/C in 2003 ($750). Live in FL, but have driven it often to/from/in NC mountains and it was great w/the manual transmission, made it tons o' fun. Decent mileage for an SUV (22/19 mpg). Oil is changed every 3,000 mi. Had 3 sets of tires-Goodrich lasts longest-Goodyear the least and the most flats (too soft). Replaced one out of round wheel ($450) under warranty. Minor leaks in back fixed windows. No rollovers (driver error in my opinion & I'm a woman). Exterior finish and wheels are still shiny (we wax). Bought vinyl liner for cargo area and excellent mats--a great investment. My previous vehicle? Manual'88 BroncoII

I adore the manual transmission, love the quickness/spunkiness. Handling is excellent no matter what others say. Extremely comfy on a long trip w/cloth seats and factory tinted windows. Cargo area and privacy cover great for shopping. I love everything about it, except that it's 11 years old!

I don't think they make the Sport anymore, but I'd like a smaller, fatter steering wheel for better control. Every vehicle needs CD, not tape players! Better window seals to prevent leakage, but, it is older!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review