1998 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Ford tough for me

1998 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Review

Ford tough for me
By derekt98xl on

1998 Ford Explorer XL 4dr SUV 4WD

I was always a Honda Toyota guy. Then I bought the explorer and has been very reliable. Just maintanence, and I believe that is the key with any car. Some people get angry if their ball joints or suspension parts fail but you have to consider they are a part of regular maintanence. In the past I bought a couple Honda's that had everything wrong with them a week after the purchase simply because of lack of maintanence. So from now on I only buy cars with maintanence reports. Which makes sense if someone goes to the trouble of keeping all those records they must have taken good care of the vehicle. Most of the time those are the vehicles with Nice and clean interiors.

Body and interior styling.peppy v6.Fuel economy for a sturdy built truck chassis is very good.reliability.

Replacing oil pan gasket calls for removal of the engine that's ridiculous for such a common maintanence item.