Bought used with 89K, Have fixed only
minor issues. 4.0 OHV is slightly
lacking on steep highway grades, but
very reliable, and reasonably efficient
for a vehicle this heavy. 5SP auto
transmission is still smooth at over
100K mi. The cargo space is great, and
the seats are comfortable on long trips.
Auto 4x4 lets the truck claw its way
around in wet/snowy weather, even
off-roading I've rarely needed 4HI/4LO.
Hasn't let me down yet!
My only complaints:
- Rides like a truck, go figure.
- Water collects in the roof channels
during rain, then spills over the
windshield when you first move the truck.
- Tinted rear window scratches easily.
- Control Trac Auto 4x4
- Puddle Lamps under side mirrors
- Keyless entry keypad
- Cargo area door lock switch.
- Rear seat A/C and radio controls.
- Needs front tow hooks.
- Improve ride.
- Make rear glass more resistant to
- Dashboard needs flat recesses for
maps, etc. (or maybe not having them is
a safety feature?)
- Brakes could be a bit stronger.
- Transmission needs to be heavier for
more than light duty towing.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.