1998 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Runs Great but stuff breaks
By Jayne on 02/15/10 16:45 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought my car brand new,had to adjust to it rigid ride, its reliable the only things is stuff falls apart, my leather seat is ripped up, constant problems with sunroof, CD player broke, rear windshield wiper doesn't work, only driver can operate the windows, interior roof is falling other than that its totally reliable without problems as far as the motor goes.

Great SUV
By gatormike on 04/07/07 13:59 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This has been a great SUV for my family. The vehicle handles well and has excellent pick up. It has been very reliable. I must say, on the negative side, that the overhead instrument panel display lights went out and the moonroof frame came out, however it did not affect the operation. Those are about the only problems we have had and we have had the vehicle for 4 years. I put a captain's bed in the vehicle and I am amazed at the cargo capacity. I know the Explorers have a bad reputation for rolling so I am very careful but all in all I love the vehicle.

Start your Repair Fund Now
By Wulf on 07/27/05 16:41 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

We've had nothing but problems with this car. The electrical systems fail constantly. We've had problems with the lights, the brakes, the turn signals, the power doors, the transmission, and the gauges.

JUST LOVE MY EXPLORER!
By NMCCOMB on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

OWNING THE EB EXPLORER HAS BEEN THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE IN VEHICLE OWNERSHIP. IT PRACTICALLY SPEAKS TO ME! I CAN BUS CHILDREN TO SCHOOL THEN LOAD UP THE BACK WITH FURNITURE, CHEERLEADING AND FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT. THE VERSITILITY OF THE VEHICLE IS INCREDIBLE. I COULD NEVER OWN A CAR AGAIN. MY NEXT VEHICLE WILL BE AN EB EXPLORER.