Death of Black Beauty
By JaDane on
1997 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
I began looking for an Explorer in 10. It took me 6mo to find one with everything; Black ,leaher, sunroof, 6Disc CD, less than 75K. I had the Explorer thirteen days and I was rear- ended at 65 miles per hour. At first glance I was amazed, the damage was minimal, however upon further inspection the frame was badly bent. I feel this is no fault of the manufacturer, considering the rate of speed I was hit while at a complete stop. I do feel I owe my life as I know it to the Explorer. I had a neck injury do to whip lash, nothing rehab won't fix. However if I was in my Camaro I would say I would be paralized, and I would have hit the car in front of me.
Favorite Features
What was not to love? My Sport model had it all and was a black beauty. My favorite interior features were the sunroof, leather, power seats, 6 disc CD changer, two way opening gate (glass & gate). Outside I loved the runnung boards, fog lights, and most of all the metal rear bumper.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I could suggest is having an optional spare attachment on the back instead of under the vehicle. Not being very mechanical myself I would had trouble if I had to crawl under there and screw that loose and it would have probably fallen right on top of my chest.