1996 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Disappointed

1996 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

By Pete B. on

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

When Ford came out with the new (2nd. generation) 1996 Explorer I thought it was the sweetest looking truck out there. In 2000 I came across the same truck in the Eddie Bauer trim which made it even sweeter. To my disappointment for the past year and a half even with the extended warranty I have done nothing but dump more money into this truck than I've ever had in any other vehicles I've owned. In addition to the reliability issues I've had with this truck is the lack of and no support I got from the area Ford Dealerships. Even with items they should've repaired at inceptions they did there best to ignore me.

I like the interior features, including the digital compass and climate control (when it works) and the idea of having a cassette player in addition to a cd player.

Better gas mileage, reliability and at the least, Ford, don't advertise the "Blue Oval" logo at the dealerships to make people think you take the extra step to help a consumer out because you simply DON'T !!!!