1996 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
124K...and still smiling...
By isabel on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Seven years ago, found my Eddie Bauer with 10K, loved the drive, the computer/systems check, the moonroof & cockpit style interior, Picked up the girls from practice and took it for a test drive. A thumbs up from the back seat - cushy leather, stereo controls, a/c vents, cup holders and plenty of cargo space for bags. Consumer Reports it a good rating, price was right...so we made the deal...seven years later I still smile everytime I get behind the wheel. It's been an extremely reliable and cost efficient vehicle and we still love it. Good design never goes out of style!

Great car
By pleased owner on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Great reliability and very low maintainance. I have had virtually no problems with my car and it still runs smooth.

Disappointed
By Pete B. on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

When Ford came out with the new (2nd. generation) 1996 Explorer I thought it was the sweetest looking truck out there. In 2000 I came across the same truck in the Eddie Bauer trim which made it even sweeter. To my disappointment for the past year and a half even with the extended warranty I have done nothing but dump more money into this truck than I've ever had in any other vehicles I've owned. In addition to the reliability issues I've had with this truck is the lack of and no support I got from the area Ford Dealerships. Even with items they should've repaired at inceptions they did there best to ignore me.