1995 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: I know this car

1995 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

I know this car
By rmmiller2050 on

1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

At 220,000 xfer case destroyed itself costing 1500.00 rebuild, at 300,000 transmission destroyed itself costing 1250 rebuild $, 4 liter v6 motor has still got another 100,000. Leather interior seats are holding up very well. Do not by cheap door handles from auto parts stores not even from napa , they are Chinese and made from wrong plastic. Original Ford oem made from frp resin are the only ones that will not break until many years of service, these cost 30% more than the crummy ones at autozone or napa or pep boys. I do all my own work, m teh 1995 has serious design flaws in xfer case and 4wdv control scheme. I know this car well, 330,000 miles, 150 miles per day comm.

comfortable and I am 6.2 300lbs

Get rid of all the hi-tech AWD/ auto 4wd nonsense and make it where you just put it in neutral and pull a lever to get 4WD when YOU want it, not when some stupid flaky computer system thinks you need it.