1995 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Only negative is you can't rent a trailer.
By bethdriver on 09/14/14 07:04 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Explorer Expedition 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my 1995. I bought it ten years ago and paid $3,000 for it. In ten years I've replaced brakes, tires, driver window electric motor. The only problem I've had is with the dash lights (the lower half won't light up and even though I took it to a dealership and they "fixed" them...a month later they quit working again and the dealership would not fix them for free so I said screw it. The only other issue is that at about 180,000 miles, the OD light started blinking and it would not go into reverse, and it was chunking hard into lower gears. I was told new transmission was needed. Nope. Just a new VSS and clear the codes, and another 40,000 miles later, still going strong!

If not for the transmission!
By JDM428 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Explorer Expedition 2dr SUV 4WD

After 135000 miles and 1 rebuilt and 3 remanufactured transmissions we have loved all but the obvious. The engine control module was replaced with the last transmission 36000 miles ago and our fingers are crossed. Great ride and interior comfort combined with an exceptional sound system has kept this vehicle in the driveway despite the transmission problem. Best in the snow we have ever had!

I dig it
By Jeri on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Explorer Expedition 2dr SUV 4WD

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Explorer. It's just too bad that it's a 2-Dr vehicle. I'm having a baby and have to trade it for a 4-Dr.