Loyal Explorer Owner
By TPC on
1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV
I bought my 1994 Explorer XLT about 10 years ago and still enjoy driving it. It has a sunroof and manual transmission which makes it fun. It currently has 130,000 miles. Had some problems with the power windows. The steering rod is loose but nothing too serious. I've had some instances where the car wouldn't start (engine turns). If I let it sit for a few minutes, it will usually start up. I've had the engine quit a few times while driving, now that was scary. These problems just started happening in the past couple years. Probably just due to old age and my frugality in getting the car repaired correctly.
Favorite Features
Manual transmission, sunroof, the ability to open up only the window on back instead of entire hatchback. Tons of space when the rear seats are folded down. I've moved a small sofa before.
Suggested Improvements
Needs rear headrests. My backseat passengers are like bobbleheads. Needs the ability to unlock rear passenger doors with a key (no keyholes). Needs ability to unlock all doors from the rear (like the newer Explorers)