1994 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: I Used To Love Her

1994 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

I Used To Love Her
By alice12345 on

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Explorer for almost 3 and a half years now and I have put more than 65000 miles on it. Favorite vehicle I ever owned. But when she turned over 100,000 miles all kinds of sensors started going bad and all had to be replaced. The camshaft positioning sensor alone cost over $600 including the labor. Not to mention, I am constantly having to have the steering gear adjusted. I love my car, and only wished it would last longer! The repairs have gotten to be too much, but I will be purchasing another explorer.

Lots of room, great interior design. VERY comfortable to drive and great for roadtrips. Also very reliable...even with the "Check Engine" light on, I would not hesitate to drive it cross country.

MOVE THE GAS PEDAL TO THE LEFT ABOUT 1 INCH!!!!(My shoe always gets caught on the "hump" in the middle.) Also needs more power going uphill. And all of the sensors either need to last longer, or burn out at different times. Otherwise, this is a GREAT vehicle.