1994 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Head On Crunched in Half

1994 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Head On Crunched in Half
By broken feet and legs on

1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

I bought the Explorer in July of '05. I drove it and had problems with the brakes and it going through tires much too fast, a bad battery cable, etc. It used oil. The dealership I bought it from said they had completely checked the vehicle out and it was in great condition. On Thanksgiving as I was driving to my aunts, a man in a Dodge Caravan hit me head on at full speed on the front driver side and completely crunched the entire front end into my feet and body. I became encased in the metal and steering wheel. I was cut out of the car and life flighted with 2 broken legs, head injury, lacerated spleen and liver. A month after I can't walk or stand.

Leather seats, good stereo, lots of space, power everything. It was a great vehicle until the accident when it crunched around me and almost killed me.

Crash testing. Improve the front end so it doesn't close people in metal in accidents and almost kill them.