1994 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews 7

1994 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
explorer
By tripp on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

good, fun to drive, good for mudridin, but older the car, the more things that happen bad to it

114K and still going
By rhlucius on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

Has been a reliable truck. The ride is rough, but the engine still has plenty of pep on good days!

they don't build them like this anymore
By tommmy d on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

This is by fat one of the best cars made. I have beaten the junk out of this explorer and it just keeps on running. The clutch was replaced at 128000 after younger brother learned to drive on it. Every thing else in the car is still factory and working great.

SAVED MY LIFE!!
By Renn on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

Drove mine for 4 years & 140,000 miles, no probs at all. 2 weeks ago, on the freeway, a lady tried to pass me by driving on the berm. She clipped my back tire and as a result I flipped 4/5 times. I had to be cut out of car -- but walked away with cuts and scratches -- the firemen couldn't believe how hard it was to get through the frame! All agreed it was thanks to the seatbelt and the heavy duty frame. THANKS FORD! I would buy another in a heartbeat -- if I could find one. I am amazed at the huge number you see on the road, and the small number you see for sale . . .

Fords are winners
By cartersmommie on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

My explorer has 135000 miles on it and never gives me any trouble. Just routine maintenance. I had a Tempo that hit over 100000 and never gave me any trouble either. I am the typical soccer mom and this totes tons of kids and equipment. Ol' Bessie has been a well loved member of our family. Has made 2 trips across the USA and back! We will keep this car till it dies!

BEST TRUCK ON THE EARTH
By FORD MAN on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

THIS TRUCK HAS SERVED ME WELL OVER THE LAST 73,897 MILE'S IT DOES VERY WELL OFF ROAD (IM THE GUY THAT ACTULLY USES THE 4X4) IT WILL GO ANY WHRER DO ANYTHING ITS A VERY GOOD TRUCK DOES VERY GOOD IN ALASKA WINTERS

Still going strong
By Reginaps on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a very reliable car. I bought the new Michelin tires specifically made for SUVs, and it improved the ride and handling substantially.

She Finally did the Roll Job...
By SWillibr on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

OK vehicle. Lacks Japanese interior comfort qualities. Reliable. REALLY bad breaks! Front suspension bad (I- Beam). Good cargo room. Medium quiet ride. Rolls too easily. Great safety restraints... My family is still alive.

1994 FORD EXPLORER 4DR XLT
By SINGER on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

THIS IS A VERY USEFUL, DEPENDABLE AND ENJOYABLE VEHICLE - REQUIRES ONLY STANDARD MAINTENANCE. HAD 30K WHEN PURCHASED 2 YRS AGO; NOW @ 82K, BUT DRIVING HAS BEEN SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCED THE PAST 6 MONTHS DUE TO LOCATION MOVE.

Ford Edxplorer review
By RWCRWC on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We had the car 6 years without problems except for needed shocks frequently and the air conditioner condenser broke twice in the last year of owning.Brake pads needed replacing often and the 4 wheel drive was not reliable.