1994 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
The Old Green Mare
By Newey on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

150,000 miles and still going strong

ford exploder
By vickiw91 on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

If your planning to by a family vehichle, this is not the one to buy. We named my truck the exploder because as soon as you fix one major thing another happens. If you have lots of money and nothing to do with it this is the vehichle for you.

What a steel
By craiger on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV

One and only owner. 88000 miles and going. Did all the routine maintenances, but did replaced both radial arm bushings, breaks, shocks and took cared Manual transmission problem a couple of years ago... in addition to the two new batteries and two sets of new tires (one was recalled Firestone). Truck don't always get good grip in the rain. Will keep it for a while longer.

1994 Eddie
By bucknut on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I have 132,000 miles on my Ford and it is still running strong. The exceleration is very good and is a very comfortable highway tourer. The only money I have invested in it is a H2O pump and brakes...the only real flaw I have with the vehicle is the brakes. As front disc only they wear out way to fast for my likeing. I have towed over 5000 pounds cross country on four occasions and the car performed well, only bogged out hitting the big hills and crossing the Rockies.

I love this truck
By mysticelement on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This thing is still running on its original battery, amazing. It was bought new. We've always taken good care of it; the 4x4 is excellent for winter driving. The brakes were replaced recently, after skidding thru 9 northern winters. Theres plenty of room inside for hauling things and people. This is my first car and I'm really happy that it is.

It's a Ford
By CoveredWagon on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

We bought our explorer with 35k and it now has 109k. It creaks, squeaks, rattles, and bangs like a covered wagon. Interior fit and finish is horrible. Door handles break off, the sunroof leaks, pwr windows stopped working. However, as long as you run super unleaded and do regular maint it hums like a sewing machine. The normal mech repairs were cheap to accomplish and it is plenty roomy. It has gotten the job done with very little excitement but also at very little cost.

1994 FORD EXPLORER
By TOM COPLIN on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

REPLACED THE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM COMPLETELY. HAD A MAJOR TUNE UP AT 98,000 MILES. THE FUEL MILEAGE WENT TO 23MPG ON THE HIWAY AND 17MPG CITY.

owner
By d-alpert on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is an SUV in excellent condition. Has been driven in Colorado for short trips in the past five years.

1st Time SUV owner
By UrtDog on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm a female owning this vehicle and I just bought it not to long ago, and had already had to replace the raidator and the egr sensor, but that's the risk of buying a used vehicle, yet so far I'm impressed on the vehicle that I have. needs and owner's manual.

stay away
By FORD explains it all on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

overall, this explorer has lasted me a year,so far, and it's been in the shop three times already. hubs went bad, wheel seals went bad, new motor put in & it's now needing another new motor and a tranny. these are for the money bags of the us because youll need it to keep it on the road. oh and dont take them on the interstate b/c the engine light comes on frequently! nowhere else!