Used 1994 Ford Explorer Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Explorer

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Head On Crunched in Half
By broken feet and legs

1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

I bought the Explorer in July of '05. I drove it and had problems with the brakes and it going through tires much too fast, a bad battery cable, etc. It used oil. The dealership I bought it from said they had completely checked the vehicle out and it was in great condition. On Thanksgiving as I was driving to my aunts, a man in a Dodge Caravan hit me head on at full speed on the front driver side and completely crunched the entire front end into my feet and body. I became encased in the metal and steering wheel. I was cut out of the car and life flighted with 2 broken legs, head injury, lacerated spleen and liver. A month after I can't walk or stand.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, good stereo, lots of space, power everything. It was a great vehicle until the accident when it crunched around me and almost killed me.

Suggested Improvements

Crash testing. Improve the front end so it doesn't close people in metal in accidents and almost kill them.

1994 FORD EXPLORER
By TOM COPLIN

1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

REPLACED THE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM COMPLETELY. HAD A MAJOR TUNE UP AT 98,000 MILES. THE FUEL MILEAGE WENT TO 23MPG ON THE HIWAY AND 17MPG CITY.

Favorite Features

THE POWER LEATHER SEATS ARE MOST ADJUSTABLE AND COMFORTABLE. THE VIEWING FROM THE COCKPIT IS EXCELLENT. THE HANDLING IS EXCELLENT

Suggested Improvements

THE 4.0 CID V-6 NEEDS MORE POWER