The best vehicle I have ever owned!
By Chuck Truck on
1991 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
My Ford Explorer is incredible! I have owned it for ten years now! It is a wonderful vehicle. As legend has it "Chuck" was one of the first manual transmission Ford Explorers to come off the assembly line back in June of 1990. The previous owner, a good friend of the family, heard from the dealer that this Explorer's manual transmission was hand built. And talk about craftsmanship! With over 200,000 km on him (he was purchased in Canada) he is still on his original clutch! Amazing! Even more amazing considering I learned to drive a stick shift using him! He can haul cartons, kids, groceries and everything in between. And so easy for a do-it- yourselfer to repair!
Favorite Features
Love the 4x4 and low buttons. The incredible storage capacity has to be seen to be believed. I have packed entire six foot tall bookcases, a six foot tall armoir and countless boxes in the cavernous Explorer.
Suggested Improvements
The electric rear windows failed to operate a couple of months ago. So, I ordered an inexpensive kit on Ebay to fix them. Considering this is almost an eighteen year young truck, I have no complaints at all. Replacement parts are readily available.