1991 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: One great truck

1991 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

One great truck
By Jon on

1991 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought mine for only $600. After I replaced everything in the front brakes and put in a new starter solenoid, the truck was awesome! The size is just right for my 6'3" height, styling is attractive, and the interior is well laid out. The OHV 4.0 litre V6 has plenty of torque to climb hills and power the 4500 lb. SUV off road. The fold flat seating is very handy and practically turns the back of the Explorer into a cargo cave. Since I bought it, the 4WD shift motor has gone out (a very common problem with Explorers and Rangers, but an easy fix). At this point, the next step is to only make it better with aftermarket suspension and accessories.

Overall size inside and out, torquey V6, excellent sound quality from premium factory sound system, removable sunroof, adjustable lumbar and bolster support in seats, great off-road capability (especially with rear limited slip differential)

Heated leather seats! I freeze my but off in the winter when I first get in! Rear disc brakes.