1991 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Best car ever

1991 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Best car ever
By fordforlife on

1991 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I know raves about a 91 might not seem relevant to newer model purchasers, but I wanted to weigh in on the quality of Ford trucks. My family has never owned another brand. I'm the original owner of this Explorer, it has over 210,000 (hard) miles on it, and the alternator -- which went out last winter -- is the only major thing I've ever had to replace/fix on it. The power windows are starting to malfunction, but the ac/heater works fine, so I compensate. I want a new car, because I'm starting to hesitate to take this one on long road trips (still 4x in it though), but feel duty bound to run it into the ground first. I might actually cry when I have to let it go.

4WD. Reliability. Size -- back before Ford started making the Explorer huge for no reason. Fun to drive. Big enough for dogs and friends and tons of gear. Comfy seats. Can even sleep comfortably in it if need be (leaky tents, etc.)

none. best car ever.