1991 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
d@#m good truck
By gary on 01/02/10 14:33 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Explorer SUV XL 4dr SUV

great truck no problems. all most 400000 miles on it and going strong never had any work done to it. i bought this suv as a beater car just to hold me over but it wont quit. i drive it ever day use it to tow my boat and trailer i even towed a friends chev pickup 1 hour to his house!

It just won't die
By AJ on 02/21/09 19:53 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Explorer SUV XL 4dr SUV

I never thought the thing would be so reliable, but with over 200,000 I keep hoping that the thing will die so that I can get a new ride. It just keeps on running! I've owned it for 5 years and 60,000 miles and have never had to replace anything major. I've driven it on several 1000 mile trips. It has lots of little stuff wrong with it like the power windows and oil leak and engine tap (which is at least 5 yrs old too), but it starts up every time even when it's 10 degrees. The fuel mileage on hwy is better than most new SUVs (22mpg), and the thing does real nice off road and its only a 2WD. I've been in and out of many places in this thing that I should never have been it without 4WD.

I like it!
By desertamber on 07/05/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Explorer SUV XL 4dr SUV

Well since we bought it a few years back, it's actually been a great vehicle. I've only had to replace the brakes once and now the clutch is starting to go...my fault. I was real bad at driving a clutch back then.

Good ol' Explorer
By Mississippi Jon on 01/21/05 17:33 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Explorer SUV XL 4dr SUV

I bought it when it had 80K miles of city driving on it. I now have nearly 200K miles, and have only had to rebuild the transmission, and change the water pump. It is a great road vehicle, gets 22 mpg, and looks fine. I painted it just to get the corporate colors off of it when I bought it from a company rep. It has been one of the best vehicles I have owned.

Overview of an inspiring vehicle.
By Presrvd on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Explorer SUV XL 4dr SUV

I purchased my Explorer from my girlfriend's father who bought it right out of the factory in April of '91. It only has 105,335 miles on it because he always telecommutes, but is truly a beautiful vehicle.

Great Vehicle
By Maryh36 on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Explorer SUV XL 4dr SUV

This has been a great vehicle. We currently have 210,000 miles on it and it still runs like we just bought it. we have had very few probulme with it minor stuff like: fan blade, raditor. We bought this vehicle brand new off the shroom floor the firs one sold in our area. Great vehicle!!!