2003 Ford Explorer Sport Consumer Review: So far so good!

2003 Ford Explorer Sport - Consumer Review

XLS 2dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

So far so good!
By SportDriver on

2003 Ford Explorer Sport XLS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Haven't finished going through the "break-in" period with the truck yet, so my rating may be a little premature, but I digress... From past experience driving Expos with the SOHC V6, I know power delivery is and will be outstanding! Seats feel good, though the headrests are waaay too low. Lotsa storage space, and the truck feels generally well screwed together, though the long-term quality outlook still has me sweating... Overall, if this type of rugged truck- based vehicle appeals to you, and you find the right price, than I heartily reccomend the Explorer Sport (at least till year's end when Im told they're being canceled...)

Rugged appearance/design, powerful engine, excellent visability (ie high seating position), cargo space, features for price- after dealer and manufacturer rebates, my net price came to $15K!

Random buzzes and rattles (far too many, though I know this is a truck, and mechanically, an ancient one at that), gas mileage, suspension travel/design- my Sport leans and bounces pretty wildly!