2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
Best small SUV
By 03ExplorerSPT on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I received my '03 Explorer Sport XLT Premium on 4/30/03 as my high school graduation gift. I used to drive a '95 Explorer XLT. This new one is much better. The power of the engine is remarkable compared to the old OHV V6. The gas mileage is a bit better than my old Explorer too. Definately a great vehicle!! It is worth the extra money for the XLT Premium!

First SUV
By hondo on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Ford explorer sport is my first SUV and first 4wd vehicle. The sport puts the driver in a commanding driving position.The handling is nimble and turning radius is very tight for a vehicle of this size. Build quality seems excellent and I haven't found any real flaws or defects so far. The 2dr sport was a perfect choice for me and my wife. Our son is grown and we have'nt yet had a rear seat passengers. The 4dr explorer is simply way more truck than we need or want. It's very smooth on the highway. Quiet and stable, very comfortable and effortless to drive. Mileage runs about 15 in city and 19 highway.

My review!
By juliemarie on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Sport last August, and I love it! It's a pretty car(gold) and it's fun to drive. I always get comments on how nice it is, and how smooth it rides. I'm glad that I made this purchase.

I'll never drive another small ride!
By tirofog on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the size of this vehicle it is great! Good gas mileage and handles like a dream. I will never own another small car again. This is the way to go. Alot of room, even for backseat passengers. Also, I love having the space in the back to haul things and carry things as needed. It may have been around for awhile but it is still one of the best for the price and look.

Most efficient SUV for your money!!!
By Rafa on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Explorer Sport is the kind of vehicle that will leave you with some extra cash on your wallet so you can go ahead and spend it on great outdoor activities you envisioned yourself prior to purchasing it. Fun to drive, strong engine, great looks, lots of room at a nice price tag.

Do not buy this car
By gerti on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I used to have a explorer sport after 75000 miles I had to change the engine because it start making noise .Stay away from this devil car

Pleased W/ this one !
By Pleased! on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 16 different cars since I turned 16 years old. I am now 35. I can honestly say that I am enjoying this one more than any other! Why? Because it is exactly what it claims to be. A tough 4x4 truck w/ a rear hatch instead of a bed. It has plenty of power, great looks, commanding driver position, solid fit and finish and last but not least the stiff, taught ride a 4x4 should have! You get the feeling you are sacrificing the smooth cushy ride knowing you could go anywhere you want to in this capable Ford. If you want an easy riding sedan then go buy one. This one is for the rest of us! Great value and plenty of performance.

fun truck
By Dallas Driver on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is new, but so far I love it, looks, drivability, features. On three fillups my gas mileage is 17mpg. I hope when the rings seat this will improve. So far I have not found any assembly problems or glitches. It is easy to drive after 25 yrs of K5 Blazers/Tahoes.

not a good car
By Stepan on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

has a weak engine, no interior room, bad suspension, ugly exterior design, and is not manueverable at all. What's the point of a 2 door SUV?

Ford Explorer/the best
By terry730a on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is the best driving, best handling SUV for the money. None better. You get more smiles per mile than you can imagine. Learn how to execute a maniacal laugh as you drive in ecstasy.