2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
OK, but you'll want those 4 doors
By B Newton on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not a bad overall vehicle, but am really upset that I didn't pony up the extra 1500 for the 4dr model. The 2 door really does limit its appeal and resale plummets w/ the 2door compared to the 4dr model. Fun & quiet to drive, but the dinky gas tank always makes you on guard during long trips.

I love my explorer
By shocka on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Explorer.. Really its my hubbys car but I steal all the time.. I love to drive it.. It does get a little bumpy sometimes if your in rough areas.. but still I love to drive it..

one of the best
By 43 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

great truck,keep pulling them out of the woods,rolled over,submerged in lakes, and they keep on running.had to own one after i saw how well this style of truck holds up under major abuse.

EXCELENT
By MIKE GREENE on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS TRUCK IS AWSOME

My First Ford!
By Nicci on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Ford and I was very hesistant in purchasing it. First, since this is the last year for Ford Explorer Sports, I felt that the value would depreciate quickly. However, with all the nice features, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

serious saftey concern with shock rod
By Pauli on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a brandnew ford exporer from WESTWAY ford late saturday night in IRVING TEXAS. When we brought the explorer home that late night and then that early morning when we prssed the liftgate blue button on the remote the liftgate glass went up automaticly. And then the shock rod seperated from the glass fell resulting in it falling hard.Luckily no physical injuries. Addresed these concerns to FORD. People could seriously get injured , especially children. Also noticed defects in the rear left window.

Great car so far
By Dan from Denver on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a Ford fan, and still own a Bronco, Bronco II and just sold my Lincoln. Test drove Toyota and Honda - no comparison. Sport has power, good handling, tight construction, nimble steering, good extras. Dealer gave a great price. Don't need 4 dr anymore. I'm having fun with it. A little clunky to look at but so are all the other SUVs. Can tell mine from a mile away and that's a plus.

very good sport explore
By copper on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i drive it everyday and i like it it is very comfortable to drive and the leather heated seats are great and so are all the other features.

Best
By fh on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

FORD RULES, this is the best thing anyone can get from any dealer or model its the best ever

I like it
By Flaford on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this vehicle and found both the dealership staff and the quality of Ford to have improved remakably since I last bought a Ford.