2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
JB the Exlporer
By Jason Basaj on 03/10/05 17:49 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Explorer has been great smooth ride. But yet it's still rugged; the 4x4 is awesome here in Michigan. It has come in handy

Overall Good SUV
By wbjeffers on 11/17/04 16:51 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my explorer sport for almost a year now and have put 15,000 miles on it thus far. For a V6 with only 200 horsepower it moves when you punch it. The only complaint I have is that I kinda regret not getting the 4 doors for the added convenience but I am happy with it. It's been reliable and fun to drive. I average 20 mpg with combined city/highway driving. The 6-CD player works great and have had no mechanical problems at all. Ford does make a good SUV.

explorer sport
By sprcoop on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

has been a great vehicle which i use generally for pleasure driving so the typical suv gas mileage hasn't been an issue. no problems to date.

Great SUV
By blacksport on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced my former GM junk. Great pick up and nice lines. Pioneer sound system gives a great sound.

Really miss the 4 doors.
By blnewt on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Almost from the day we bought it we regretted not putting a bit extra aside for the 4 Door Explorer. Needless to say, we just traded our Sport in for a 2004 Explorer XLS, and are very happy w/ the decision, just so much more vehicle for the money.

Still Going Strong!
By SportDriver1 on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Expo Sport (new) in July of 2003. With only 6500 or so miles on the odomoeter, the truck is still running like a champ. Overall, I find my SUV to be stylish, powerful and comfortable with a few notable, though perhaps obvious drawbacks. Foremost, the truck guzzles fuel! I currently average around 11-14 mpg! Further, my expo rattles and creaks like a piece of farming equipment. Positives? there are many. A smooth and powerful motor, great visibility, comfortable seats and a generally refined drving experience overall (minus the creaks & moans of course).

explorer sport
By djmg513 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

good truck, not very practicle if getting into the back seat, but thats why you drive it. Not a big deal if u have to go into the back though...

Loved the first, hate the second
By So-So on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On my second Sport, after enjoying number one, traded for number two. Sorry I did, quality is low, air conditioner has an inherent buzz and the attention to detail is at an all time low. Ford is really tying to save money so dealers are trying to keep warranty claims to a minimum. Squeak, rattles and rolls, it's a Ford.

Explrorer Sport
By FordExpSprt2003 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i also have a ford expedition...but this little explorer can get me where i need to go in the city and do the job right....very handy...and fun to drive on weekends.

2003 Explorer SPort
By djd58 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test Drove Many of the vehicles You reccomended, i dont know what you guys are thinking, Went back to the Best selling SUV on the planet and am well pleased with the Powerful Drivetrain and towing capacity if you Buy a SUV to use as an SUV I reccomend this one, if you use it Like a grocery getter then a Quaint little Honda or toyota might be more suitable for your needs