2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
My First Ford!
By Nicci on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Ford and I was very hesistant in purchasing it. First, since this is the last year for Ford Explorer Sports, I felt that the value would depreciate quickly. However, with all the nice features, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I like it
By Flaford on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this vehicle and found both the dealership staff and the quality of Ford to have improved remakably since I last bought a Ford.

Ford Explorer Sport
By sara on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This Suv is okay!!

Best small SUV
By 03ExplorerSPT on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I received my '03 Explorer Sport XLT Premium on 4/30/03 as my high school graduation gift. I used to drive a '95 Explorer XLT. This new one is much better. The power of the engine is remarkable compared to the old OHV V6. The gas mileage is a bit better than my old Explorer too. Definately a great vehicle!! It is worth the extra money for the XLT Premium!

fun truck
By Dallas Driver on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is new, but so far I love it, looks, drivability, features. On three fillups my gas mileage is 17mpg. I hope when the rings seat this will improve. So far I have not found any assembly problems or glitches. It is easy to drive after 25 yrs of K5 Blazers/Tahoes.

Great Explorer Sport
By LifeGuardGuy248 on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my explorer for only a week and love it. I've put 500 miles on it so far. The gas milage isn't that great, but the power and looks make up for it. I've got the optional sunroof and cloth seats that will be perfect for going to college. The ride isn't as smooth as my mom's Crown VIcotira, but her car can't pull 4000 pounds.

LOVE IT!
By hokeez on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It reminds a little more of a truck than an SUV, but with all the comfort features, its the best of both. Plenty of room for loading and moving things!

defect
By David P Brown on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer Sport SUV XLT Premium Rwd 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

air comes in from front speakers... in the winter it's bad.... Ford will do nothing to correct problem.... just walked away... it's just to bad.... Dealer spent a lot of time but can't fix... It's a design problem.... I have owned Ford's for 25 years NO MORE...