Used 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Value Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:

My Explorer Sport
By JamesM185

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yo this car is awsome. For a stock stereo, it is very good indeed. Also the car exterior is very "handsome" looking car. THe interior is very comfy and enouhg room. I am 6' 00' tall and i have left over room in the front.

backseat fold-over for more cargo room, Handle is the best!, looks, comfort (ROOM), and great smooth rides.

Not much except for just gas mileage.

Great if you don't have kids
By airforcebrat

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really like my Explorer Sport. I have to agree tho it wouldn't be too great if I had a kid who needed to be put into a car seat. I've hauled around my 4 year old nephew and he has to have a car seat and it's doggone inconvenient to put him into it. Otherwise, I have no complaints about this vehicle. It's roomy; it drives well; I feel safe in it.

My favorite thing is that I sit up higher than a car or my previous vehicle, a Chevy S-10 truck.

I wish the running board/step boards were standard equipment. It's hard to get in and out wearing a skirt with nothing to step on. ;o)

Great 2Dr SUV
By PMR

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, a great value for the money. Roomy enough for 4 people, 5 people is a squeeze. Solid interior build. Have had no problems in over 1 year of ownership.

Need to work on the seat position adjustment. When someone from the back seat needs to get out, it doesn't "remember" how the seat was set.

Love it so far!
By Derek_02Sport

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really can't complain about anything so far. I think its a great SUV for the money. Too bad they are stop making this vehicle after 2003.

powerful V6, great interior design, eyecatching exterior

there is a slight rattling that can be heard when the windows are rolled down. I'm sure this is easy to fix, just annoying.

A good car at a good price
By Bull_no_1

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

In one year haven't found any problems at all. Still looks and drives as if just out of the dealership. Good amount of standard features like ABS, CD player, power windows and locks. If anybody is not into SUVS that much and wants to buy SUV just once in the lifetime without shelling out huge amount of money... this is a right vehicle.

Radio/CD, acceleration, HUGE trunk, dash board, center console, Nice rugged looks.

Shocks needs improvement.