2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
I like It
By carpeni on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my exploror for 2 yaers now and like it a lot. Have had only 2 problems with it. A leaking rear shock after a year, which took the dealer 6 months to order and replace. And a transmission leak where the motor and transmission mate. The dealership has yet to return my calls on the transmission leak. (maybee because they saw its still under warrenty). Oh and the milege sucks around town (16mpg) but is awesome on the highway (25mpg).

Ford Explorer Sport
By P.A. Nardi on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have not had a problem with this Explorer. I'M driving it to work daily and through the snowiest of conditions in the Upper Peninsula of Mighigan.

Fun to Drive
By nerd2z on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Even though it will only hold 2 people in the back seat, there is a ton of room up front and the cargo space is excellent. My dogs have had a blast in the back area! The truck drives very well on the highway and is very comfortable. I wish it got better gas mileage, but it is a truck with a good engine.

Awesome Vehicle
By mrmugs1 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck rides like a car. The acceleration is incredible. The ride is very smooth compared to my '93 Exp. Sport.Instrument cluster has a great look to it and the exterior looks rough and ready.

Adventure machine
By zealman on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle ROCKS! I've taken it all over Southern California - through the mountains, to the beaches, nice enough for downtown adventures too. the best all-around SUV available, and with plenty of power too. Average 20MPG.

My Review
By Sunwoshiper816 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle can take a beating. I have driven it on off-road, interstate highway, country roads, and city roads and it has performed quite well.

My Review
By matt96b on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The vehicle has performed quite well. I wish that it got a little better gas mileage, but it is an SUV and I get better gas mileage than I expected.

A review to read
By Car buyer on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Explorer a year and a half. Since the day I bought it I have had on going problems. All four of my brake pads were cracked when I got my Explorer. Secondly, the silver paint chipped off the radio and both door handles. Later this year my car wouldn't start due to a faulty part. I have had nothing but problems.

Sporty 02 Sport
By NOLIE on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

A step upward from previous (Grand Cherokee).Fun and easy to drive,Park. Must get Limited-slip Diff. Too much Torque for 1 drive wheel. Average 20- MPG mixed driving. 14-16MPG pulling 19`Boat.

My Explorer Sport
By JamesM185 on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yo this car is awsome. For a stock stereo, it is very good indeed. Also the car exterior is very "handsome" looking car. THe interior is very comfy and enouhg room. I am 6' 00' tall and i have left over room in the front.