2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
My Explorer Sport
By JamesM185 on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yo this car is awsome. For a stock stereo, it is very good indeed. Also the car exterior is very "handsome" looking car. THe interior is very comfy and enouhg room. I am 6' 00' tall and i have left over room in the front.

Great if you don't have kids
By airforcebrat on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really like my Explorer Sport. I have to agree tho it wouldn't be too great if I had a kid who needed to be put into a car seat. I've hauled around my 4 year old nephew and he has to have a car seat and it's doggone inconvenient to put him into it. Otherwise, I have no complaints about this vehicle. It's roomy; it drives well; I feel safe in it.

Great 2Dr SUV
By PMR on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, a great value for the money. Roomy enough for 4 people, 5 people is a squeeze. Solid interior build. Have had no problems in over 1 year of ownership.

Love it so far!
By Derek_02Sport on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really can't complain about anything so far. I think its a great SUV for the money. Too bad they are stop making this vehicle after 2003.

A good car at a good price
By Bull_no_1 on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

In one year haven't found any problems at all. Still looks and drives as if just out of the dealership. Good amount of standard features like ABS, CD player, power windows and locks. If anybody is not into SUVS that much and wants to buy SUV just once in the lifetime without shelling out huge amount of money... this is a right vehicle.

Ford-a-good-buy
By First-Ford on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Even thought the look haven't change much in a couple of year the small changes that had been made are nice. Ford have put more into the Quality the expolorer which I myself love I would like to have more Quality then added looks. The wider base and a more bold look it very nice. If you have child I highly recommed that you get a four door not just in a SUV but in any car you buy it's always hard to put someone in the backseat of any car.

Great SUV
By Florida1 on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never considered a Ford until I test drove this Explorer two years ago. I have not had one problem with it since I bought it. I drove it cross country (Seattle to Orlando) and the seats proved to be extremely comfortable. I have the version with side airbags and wished the front seats had head rests though. There is also a rattle in the trunk from the plastic loose. I can't seem to make it go away. The truck is very powerful and beats many cars off the line while it pegs you to the back of the seat on acceleration. I might consider another Ford next year, but they are going to have to get more refined before I buy over a foreign model.

Unsatisfied
By EG on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was very excited now disgruntled. The car has slow reaction to manuevering around, I find it to be poor. The back of the car is light and is a big problem when it's windy. The door knobs inside the car are in a odd place. These are the negatives of the car. The positives are, very comfortable, rather quiet ride, no problems yet with the engine. The stereo system is fantastic. Overall, I wouldn't buy it again, not the car to have if you live in the snow or a windy area but if you stay within a community and don't do much traveling, maybe you want to think about it. I'll probably get rid of mine soon and purchase another ford vehcile.

Fun SUV
By NPFlorida on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I leased a 2001 Sport Explorer. I really enjoy this truck. It has just enough power for those who are not race frenzy. Gas mileage is phenominal for an SUV.(17 gal tank - 300 miles) Comfortable seating (love the leather quality) Radio is pretty good. In 2 years (June 2002) I have never had a problem yet! Love it.

Happy about my Explorer!!
By Sharron on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Explorer Sport SUV Value 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my vehicle 3 months ago and I am very happy with my Explorer. I love the interior and exterior design. It is a comfortable ride, but it is a little noisy.