Tuff little truck, couldn't be happier!
By Liz on
2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I love this truck! Only problem so far was covered by warrenty. Size is perfect for someone like me, no kids, 2 dogs, unmarried. Handles like a dream in the snow and carries 4 snow boards, 4 people and all the gear without any trouble or feeling weighed down. Surf board fits on top and running boards make it easy enough to strap the board on top. This truck has been very cheap to own and so far has only required maintenance to keep running; it has over 125k miles on it! Can't say enough good things about it and I will drive it until it wont start anymore. Switched out the stock shocks for Monroe and couldn't be happier. It's the only mod I made and I will never go back to stock shocks.
Favorite Features
Plenty of cargo room for the size of the truck. Love that I can just throw stuff in it. High enough to be able to see traffic infront of me but low enough to not feel like I'm struggling to get in it. Parallel parks in the smallest places. Turning radius is the best I've ever had on a truck.
Suggested Improvements
Have the rear seats lock into place when up, they tend to flip up when people are getting out of the back. Install better shocks, my mod didn't cost that much; just more of a pain that I had to get it done. Stereo is OK but for what I paid for this truck I can't really complain too much.