nice suv
By bassraider on
2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
Bought this car when my 97 S-10 was t-boned in an accident. It has been nothing but reliable and cheap to own. I have taken it on many long distance trips and it has been reasonably comfortable. The only gripes I have are the combo purse/cheap plastic center console arm rest that broke in the first month of owning it, and the rear wiper which never worked reliably (but who needs one anyways). As for the complaints about the rough ride, it is a truck and it has a VERY short wheelbase which combined together make for a very bumpy ride, needless to say if you don't want a bumpy ride get the four door version and say hi to the rest of the soccer moms for me.
Favorite Features
Wonderful styling which looks as good as when I bought it, reliable, cheap to run, good gas mileage. All I've put into it since I bought it at 23k miles is nothing but gas and oil and it has over 90+ now!
Suggested Improvements
Well they don't make 'em anymore so I guess it doesn't matter what I suggest. But I hate the cheap center console with a purse built into it. I mean come on Ford WHAT were you thinking?