Again? No, thanks.
By jehlers on
2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I was cruising through one on the weekend, and the Explorer Sport caught my eye. Not to mention, I loved the two door look and it was black! I've always wanted a black vehicle. Another bonus, it had a sunroof, luggage rack and running boards. I don't think I could've asked for anything else. It had $10,900 on the windshield and I got it for $9,400 with only 56K on it. I got a pretty good deal. Anyway, its not mid-July and I hate the gas mileage. I've already replaced the air intake control valve ($225 w/ labor) and now it clicks loudly when I turn my wheels. Someone mentioned the hub bearings. I think my next car will be a Honda, Nissan or Toyota. Thats what I wanted originally.
Favorite Features
I love the mean, aggressive look. The front bumper just looks tough. The sunroof is a huge bonus. The fog lights give it a nice look, too.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the fact that if you keep your ashtray where it was originally made to go, you only have one available cup holder and someone has to hold their drink. Also, the display on my factory stereo was out when I bought the car, so I had to replace it. The interior has room for improvement.