2001 Ford Explorer Sport Consumer Reviews 9

2001 Ford Explorer Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
hoping for the best
By nappy on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my explorer sport used about a month ago. Its beautiful, it has every option available, i love the sun roof leather, and the strong motor. ive out almost 1500 miles on it in that time cuz i cant stop driving it ill drive it just to kill time. But i am a little nervouse have noticed a few minor prob.s one it hesitates on some shifts, and jerks into others not all the time but sometimes. And once it did not want to start in the morning, but it was cold so who knows.

bad handling
By ashville on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Doesn't seem to do well on snow and ice. Steering also seems tight.

2001 Explorer Sport
By Doug A. on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This thing rattles and squeaks like it's 30 years old. I previously owned a 98 Explorer Sport, which influenced my decision to purchase this vehicle. The 2001 has a more powerful engine and handles a little bit better, but every other part of this vehicle has made a turn for the worse.

01 Ford Explorer Sport
By JEvans on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great Vehicle!! Fun to drive!! Great Insurance Rates!!

Almost lost my life
By i0love17 on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my explorer in the summer and it was great and really no problems. Well i was totally wrong. Everytime i hit a pothole or a little crack in the road i felt my tires slid from underneath me and it was so scary. The winter wasnt to bad. But in august of this year i was on my way to a bears game and it was dry and i hit a pothole and slid off the road rolled three times and plus 7 months pregnant. So i wasnt driving like a maniac. It felt the tires losing grip and it was the worst thing in the world and spent 9 days in the hospital and thank god my baby was ok but it was awful. I loved my truck but hate it, especially for that reason.

Explorer Sport: A Great Truck
By scotty M. on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2001 Eplorer Sport is a great truck, the new design makes it stand out and I really like the look of the flares, it gives it a more bulky look. The interior is really nice, except one flaw, the door handles are easliy scrathed and the paint flakes off the plastic.

Overall Pleased
By 4x4Sport on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the most part, I have been very pleased with my Sport. It is very nice looking inside and out. GREAT transmission/engine combination. Acceptable fuel economy (avg. ~17mpg in combo driving). Handles great for a SUV, but rides pretty bad - mostly due to the short wheelbase I am sure. Fairly capable offroad. I have three main complaints: too many rattles, too much body flex, and terrible resale value.

Sport is Wonderful!!
By Tricia M. on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Sport I have owned, I absolutely love it, no comparison to the Blazer, quality of vehicle is outstanding

EXPLORER SPORT
By Jacob on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Traded in a Nissan Pathfinder and gave a US brand another chance. I'm extremely happy with my purchase of a 2001 Explorer Sport. I love the PM schedule versus the Pathfinder, which had costly PM's every 30k. It's fun to drive and the upgraded interior adds comfort. Job well done FORD.

EXPLORER SPORT
By jacob on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)