2001 Ford Explorer Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport model:
fun truck
By rayaccord on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

great sport and fun drve, only complait is that the interior looks the same every year, they need to upgraded to compete with the hondas and the toyotas. The suspension could be little tighter. overall its a good truck

Awsome Car
By johna on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Honestly, I am a pretty crazy driver. Being a crazy driver, I would need a reliable vehicle that can handle hard turns, speed, fast breaking, and things like that. My 2001 Ford Explorer Sport has done these things and a whole lot more. That's why I would strongly recomend this vehicle to anyone.

Sport
By BigBadLou on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love the way this truck drives. a/c is super cold. runs smooth. i would love to buy another explorer

Very happy!
By Jake Kirk on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This Explorer Sport is perfect. I drove a Geo Metro for 6 1/2 years before upgrading to a SUV. The price was right and fits my lifestyle to a tee. It has enough space for moving anything. It's just me and my wife, so the back seat isn't a concern. Our friends tell us its comfortable back there. The dealership had exactly what my wife and I wanted, including a bush guard already installed. Whomever leased this truck before us, a big thank you to you for keeping it is such great shape.

RIDES LIKE A BAD HORSE
By JB007 on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

SOON AFTER I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK IN OCT 2000 I SUSPECTED I HAD MADE A BAD PURCHASE. AFTER ALMOST THREE YEARS OWNING IT I HAVE CONFIRMED WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE I MADE. FOR STARTERS THIS TRUCK LOSES IT WHEN IT HITS A POTHOLE OR A SPEED BUMP. THE TAIL SWAGS TO THE SIDE. IT OFFERS A VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND BUMPY RIDE OVER ANYTHING THAT ISN'T PERFECT ASPHALT. THE TITANIUM FINISH ON THE DOOR HANDLES HAVE COME OFF AND NOW LOOK AN UGLY DISCOLORED GRAY. THE INSTRUMENT PANEL AND DASHBOARD ARE SO BADLY ASSEMBLED THAT IT SQUEAKS AND RATTLES. I HAVE HAD TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP SEVERAL TIMES.

excelent choice
By barbara004 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

great truck fun to own kids love it.

Scrambled Eggs
By James in FL on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever owned. Even minor road irregularities feel like major speed bumps which causes major sqweaks and rattles. If you are looking for a smooth quite ride, I would advise you to look else where. If you want a good looking truck and do not mind the harsh ride, this is could be your truck.

Hard Ride
By Calvin S on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

While I liked the overall appearance (interior and exterior) and didn't mind the gas mileage (21 on the highway), this is the roughest riding vehicle I've ever owned. For that reason I am trading it in and buying something smoother on the roads. Any bump with the Explorer Sport and you get jolted pretty good.

good car for me
By jefe on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ever since i got my 2001 ford explorer sport, ive been happy. I just bought it a couple days ago and its been fun to drive ever since. Insurance wasnt bad and 20 bucks nearly got me a 3/4 a tank worth of gas, not bad for an suv. I got it at a really good price, fully loaded XLS. I wish i found a 4x4 but im happy with my two wheel drive. really fun to drive and the engine sounds good. seats are super comfy and stereo is better than average definitely. im really happy with my car!

2001 Explorer Sport
By Doug A. on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This thing rattles and squeaks like it's 30 years old. I previously owned a 98 Explorer Sport, which influenced my decision to purchase this vehicle. The 2001 has a more powerful engine and handles a little bit better, but every other part of this vehicle has made a turn for the worse.