Used 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Ford should keep it
By kirby28

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am reviewing a V8 Adrenalin 2010 6 speed. I'm impressed! Quiet, smooth, gorgeous! But why such crummy gas mileage? And wait, no carpet(?) in a 38K vehicle?

Favorite Features

Premium sound...way to go Ford! Drives and sounds like its good looks!

Suggested Improvements

too late...but don't leave carpet out!

Swiss Army Knife
By PaloRev

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching the options for replacement of our 2005 Ranger, settled on a new Sport Trac. We wanted the flexibility of four doors, room for five, a cargo bed and four wheel drive. Initially leaned towards an F150, but the smaller Sport Trac made more sense. Only thing comparable is the Honda Ridgeline, but the reviews we read didn't show it to be superior. Plus, the Honda is more expensive and we weren't taken by the boxy styling. We ordered the Sport Trac in February and took delivery in April. The wait was worth it to get the exact color and options we wanted. Proven to be a very good decision. Vehicle's "Swiss Army knife" flexibility is great.

Favorite Features

Good highway mileage of 20 mpg on 1,500 mile trip. The V6 is smooth and quiet with plenty of power. Excellent ride. Solid, quiet, comfortable interior. Cargo box is perfect for large items. Composite material and tonneau cover keep it clean and scratch-free. Great list of standard features.

Suggested Improvements

With the 2011 Explorer launch, production of the Sport Trac ends. If Ford was still building these, I'd recommend an upgrade to the gauges. The fuel and engine temp gauges are both hard to read, and too small. I would also make carpet an option, although I like the soft rubber flooring.

After 8 months looks good, BUT!
By doctomof ws

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a 2005 version of the Explorer SportTrac I was ready to try the newer version. I was attracted by its upgraded styling which I found more appealing than the older version from 2000 to 2005. Also I liked the idea of the independent rear suspension on the newer version versus the live straight axle of the 2005 iteration. It still drives like a truck. Stiff and solid, which for me is a plus. It has the feeling of a vehicle that is strong and capable of hauling around my toys as well as being a dependable every day commuter. That's a very nice compromise in my estimation

Favorite Features

It feels comfortable and capable and a good fit for my limited hauling requirements.

Suggested Improvements

The Sync my Ride should be re-labeled as this @%^#! Ford get a clue! This is WAY too complicated. In my opinion you partnered with the wrong technology company. Microsoft is yesterday. Apple or Google is tomorrow and beyond. People want simple, easy an intuitive. Sync my ride is anything but.

Slight stall
By AndrewFox

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I slow to make a turn (at low speeds) the truck has a slight pause when pressing on the accelerator. It is incredibly frustrating because I bought the Adrenalin package. My dealer is being great about trying to find the problem. We are waiting for Ford to find a technical (programing) solution. There are no problems at normal speeds.

disapointed in anderson
By gerald morris

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the only problems i have with this vehicle is (very noisey engine) and (poor fuel mileage) "six cyl". For this reason i won't keep it for long.I should have got a V8. Also, the toneau cover leakes.

Favorite Features

good handling due to the rack and pinion. all wheel drive is all that is necessary in snow. i don't even use four wheel drive no mater how deep it is.

Suggested Improvements

the V8 should be available in all models. i will probably have to go back to GM to get an afordable V8 in a smaller truck. also bright red would be nice in lower priced models