2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Ford should keep it
By kirby28 on 02/07/11 09:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am reviewing a V8 Adrenalin 2010 6 speed. I'm impressed! Quiet, smooth, gorgeous! But why such crummy gas mileage? And wait, no carpet(?) in a 38K vehicle?

Swiss Army Knife
By PaloRev on 08/10/10 09:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching the options for replacement of our 2005 Ranger, settled on a new Sport Trac. We wanted the flexibility of four doors, room for five, a cargo bed and four wheel drive. Initially leaned towards an F150, but the smaller Sport Trac made more sense. Only thing comparable is the Honda Ridgeline, but the reviews we read didn't show it to be superior. Plus, the Honda is more expensive and we weren't taken by the boxy styling. We ordered the Sport Trac in February and took delivery in April. The wait was worth it to get the exact color and options we wanted. Proven to be a very good decision. Vehicle's "Swiss Army knife" flexibility is great.

After 8 months looks good, BUT!
By doctomof ws on 06/19/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning a 2005 version of the Explorer SportTrac I was ready to try the newer version. I was attracted by its upgraded styling which I found more appealing than the older version from 2000 to 2005. Also I liked the idea of the independent rear suspension on the newer version versus the live straight axle of the 2005 iteration. It still drives like a truck. Stiff and solid, which for me is a plus. It has the feeling of a vehicle that is strong and capable of hauling around my toys as well as being a dependable every day commuter. That's a very nice compromise in my estimation

Slight stall
By AndrewFox on 05/21/10 19:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I slow to make a turn (at low speeds) the truck has a slight pause when pressing on the accelerator. It is incredibly frustrating because I bought the Adrenalin package. My dealer is being great about trying to find the problem. We are waiting for Ford to find a technical (programing) solution. There are no problems at normal speeds.

disapointed in anderson
By gerald morris on 02/12/10 15:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the only problems i have with this vehicle is (very noisey engine) and (poor fuel mileage) "six cyl". For this reason i won't keep it for long.I should have got a V8. Also, the toneau cover leakes.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac in WA is:

$161 per month*