2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
The Import - Beater
By conhig61 on 02/07/08 03:58 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded an '05 Sport Trac 4.0 V6. The '08 w/ 4.6LV8 is far superior and fuel economy is 1 mpg less in town than the 6; same on hi-way. The ride is like that of a much more expensive truck and the handling and noise levels are top-notch. Sync system can be a problem at times (mine has gotten stuck in a RING cycle that forced me to pull over, shut everything down and re-start the car. Rear seat legroom is improved over previous model too. This truck is a sleeper, and Manf incentives are great; better check it out!

Built Ford Tough
By bwhite on 02/05/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my V6 XLT for three months and I have been very happy with my purchase. I don't need to haul large or heavy objects very often, so the small bed works for me. The ride is comfortable and composed. The V6 has plenty of power and everything has been reliable. Ford needs to work on the fuel economy. I am not dissappointed with the mileage, but I think Ford could do better.

Best of both worlds
By Chuck on 01/26/08 18:57 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my '97 Ford F-150, which was the best vehicle I had ever owned. Needed more family room though. Drive alot off road so needed a 4WD. The dealer installed skid plates from Ford and 265/70R17 BF Goodrich Longtrail tires. Lifts the vehicle over an inch vs. stock tires. Truck drives like a luxury ride on the road and has handled real off road trails here in Arizona desert thus far with no problems. It is not the tallest frame for a 4WD, but take it careful and the truck will climb anywhere. Mileage is okay at 18.5 mpg on highway, and 16.5 city.

Great ride
By ryan on 12/27/07 19:21 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I came out of a 2003 4x4 F250 w/ the V10. I loved th truck but needed a vehicle with a lower payment and lower fuel bill. The Sport Trac did both. I have really enjoyed the ST. I think the 4.0 v6 handles it better than the 4.6 v8 handles the F150. Fuel mileage is avg. about 17, and, with the tailgate down, my Honda Foreman 4wheeler will fit in the back(the side tie downs come in very handy for this. Would definately recommend this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.