Used 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Ford Convert
By WMcClure

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've never been a Ford fan, always preferred GM or Toyota products. Test drove this and was impressed with how solid it felt and the quietness of the cabin.

Quiet, solid, plenty of room, good power.

Better stereo, blue instead of green displays, and put on column shifter to free up space below.

Would've never thought it
By rd2007

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was a Ford hater and never would have considered buying one. I was initially looking at the Avalanche and while reading reviews I noticed some positive ones for the SportTrac. I went to the dealership and was also looking at the Expedition, but they could not get me the numbers I wanted so I decided to try out the SportTrac. I took a drive in it and was amazed at how well it drove. It's quiet, smooth, and the V-8 has plenty of go in it. So far I have had it for two months and it's been perfect. My mileage has been about 15-16 overall, but that is mostly because I tend to have a little fun now and then. It's the same mileage my CX-7 got and that thing didn't have anywhere near the room.

V-8, tires, smooth suspension, rugged yet sophisticated looks.

There's a little bit of creaking, some of the plastic is cheap looking, and the cover for the bed should not be that expensive. I was thinking it would be about the same price as the option on the sticker, but it was almost double the cost.

Excellence From Ford
By Willis

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2004 F-150 and got 2008 Limited Sort Trac, V8, 4X4, limited chrome and electronics. Ford couldn't have done a better job of putting a vehicle together. Great power anywhere you need it, I am am happy with my mileage compared to my F-150 V8 5.4. Getting 22mph on highway. Very smooth ride, If you're looking for something like this no other manufacturer can even come close to the quality and comfort of the Sport Trac.

Bed cover, 6 speed trans,18" standard tires on Limited. In bed storage boxes.

None, excellent in every way.

Just the right size truck
By Sam

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I will always need some type of truck for hauling and have liked the Sport Trac since the first ones came out. The addition of the V8 and IRS on the latest model was the clincher. Truck has a very comfortable interior. Outstanding ride and handling. I love the excellent overall quality, it is very quiet with no rattles or squeaks. For someone that does not a 6' or 8' bed length, this truck fits the bill. Tows a 5000 boat very nice and with the traction control, goes up the slipperest ramp with ease. With the sales incentives and rebates, the price simply cant be beat for a fun full featured, loaded 4 door truck.

V8 power, Sync and overall styling

6 speed manual would be a very nice option on all models and a supercharger option for the 2008 Adrenalin.

Ford is moving forward
By michael G

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had read a lot of reviews before I made a purchase. Allow me to say Ford had done a great job. I put black leather in this vehicle as well. Sync and convenience pack came with it along with the tow. First, I drove the kids to see family 3 hours away and it drove smooth. The passing issue with power-hey guys turn the OD switch off , that will give you more power, not that I had a problem. No carpet. Excellent, easier maintenance. Plastic inside. Great. Now I dont have to use "Armor All"-easy to clean with warm water. A sync syst-with Sirius. Let's roll! A class 3 tow package-take the jet skis to the lake up to 5000lbs w/ elec. Come on! Gas, Ford could do better.

Sync. No hands to talk. Tow. Great idea! Quality tires and suspension looks great with durability. 6 airbags, appreciate the safety you guys put into it. Good call! I think the cover idea is great and the options in the bed.

Give a little bit more room for 6.0' people in the driver seat. Gas, how about 4 gallons more?