2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Primary Vehicle
By J. Hines on 07/01/10 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Pretty much satisfied with the vehicle. Only drawbacks are fuel economy, of which I am getting close to 18 mpg around town, and the tire pressure indicator keeps going off. Have had 2 dealerships look at the tire pressure indicator but no solution yet.

All Fords Trucks Need This Style
By Dennis on 06/29/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove several different full-size trucks models including Ford. Had an F- 150 for 11 years. Not much had changed on the interior including, entire front display panel and radio. I was disappointed with this until I test dove the Sport Trac. It's like getting the inside comfort and styling of a luxury car, yet with the manly toughness and sporty styling of a truck. I get 23 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in town. This is slightly better than my previous F-150. My family and I really enjoy going places in this remarkable vehicle.

Perfect so far
By PaCOP on 12/09/08 10:51 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have this vehcle about a month and thus far it is great. The Sport Trac seems the perfect fit as I wanted something between a full size pick up and a compact. The bed's a little small but still capable of hauling 4x8 sheets when fitted with a couple 2x4 in the notches in the bed. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Not extravagant but I am still satisfied. MPG could be improved, so far getting 16mpg but would prefer if Ford could up that to 20. The V6 has been adequate and the 5 speed auto is smooth. satelite radio is nice. The molded bed w/ compartments and tiedowns is well designed. Overall look is very appealing.

SporTrac
By Jared on 03/29/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the vehicle out of necessity. We just had a new baby and needed bigger trunk space. Unfortunately, I traded quality for price and ended up paying for it in the end. Good power in the lower gears, so, you'll get going pretty quickly, but then the power drops off quickly once you get into the upper gears. I always had an extremely hard time passing anyone above 50MPH without hammering down the gas pedal. A lot of plastic interior, comfortable seats for short drives, but horrible on your lower back on drives of 3 hours or more. SYNC feature is horrible! Even speaking slowly and clearly, I'd have to repeat myself 2-3 times for the system to recognize what I was trying to say.

Built Ford Tough
By bwhite on 02/05/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my V6 XLT for three months and I have been very happy with my purchase. I don't need to haul large or heavy objects very often, so the small bed works for me. The ride is comfortable and composed. The V6 has plenty of power and everything has been reliable. Ford needs to work on the fuel economy. I am not dissappointed with the mileage, but I think Ford could do better.

Great ride
By ryan on 12/27/07 19:21 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I came out of a 2003 4x4 F250 w/ the V10. I loved th truck but needed a vehicle with a lower payment and lower fuel bill. The Sport Trac did both. I have really enjoyed the ST. I think the 4.0 v6 handles it better than the 4.6 v8 handles the F150. Fuel mileage is avg. about 17, and, with the tailgate down, my Honda Foreman 4wheeler will fit in the back(the side tie downs come in very handy for this. Would definately recommend this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.