Used 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

Ford made this vehicle bland
By jahfre

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a Sport Trac in 2001 and drove it for 9 years, putting 260,000 miles on it over the period. That truck was special. Little details and features were well designed and useful...from the tie-down cleats on the bed to the 'bump' feature on the rear sliding window. Dozens of things made those early model year Sport Trac attractive. When I finally wore out the first one I ran to the dealership to get another one. UGH. It is a totally different vehicle...so much worse in so many ways I cannot go into all of them. I use mine to haul rocks, firewood, gravel, etc. The bed was not designed to be used for these things. Awful.

Handling and performance. It feels heavy and lumbering on winding mountain roads where I live compared to the 2001 I had but it does drive nice around suburban neighborhoods and on highways.

Too late.

Primary Vehicle
By J. Hines

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Pretty much satisfied with the vehicle. Only drawbacks are fuel economy, of which I am getting close to 18 mpg around town, and the tire pressure indicator keeps going off. Have had 2 dealerships look at the tire pressure indicator but no solution yet.

View from drivers seat, comfort, handling

Better location and quality workmanship of cup holders, overhead console storage compartments, and arm rest storage compartment.

All Fords Trucks Need This Style
By Dennis

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove several different full-size trucks models including Ford. Had an F- 150 for 11 years. Not much had changed on the interior including, entire front display panel and radio. I was disappointed with this until I test dove the Sport Trac. It's like getting the inside comfort and styling of a luxury car, yet with the manly toughness and sporty styling of a truck. I get 23 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in town. This is slightly better than my previous F-150. My family and I really enjoy going places in this remarkable vehicle.

Performance,Overall Styling and Family Comfort

MPG & Truck was sold with GoodYear Fortera Tires. These tires now have nearly 20,000 miles on them and will need to be replaced in about 5,000 from now. These are suppose to be 50,000+ mile tires. This is the biggest disappointment so far. Car dealer claims that there is no problem with these tires?

My little bull truck
By melody

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

In the year of Jan. 2009 we had a snow storm that surprised some of the locals i had left work at 1:00 AM driving slow on highway I 40 freeway and noticed vehicles losing control including a couple of police cars in front of me when the one police officers auto was sliding backwards the officer did manage to get his auto in control and i drove with my new 2008 sport track all wheel drive up the icy hwy with no problems and i felt very safe in my truck on the icy roads. I am very happy I bought this little bull, that left every one in the dust. Yea!

door handles and the all wheel drive, the dual heating and the defoggers.

mileage and a place for woman to put there purses, that's the biggest problem with sport vehicles.

goodbye bowtie
By okie45

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the last 2008 adrenalin the dealer had and so far i'm very impressed. Got every option and colorado red paint with 20'' wheels. With only 1000 miles so far I really like the ride and handling of this truck. Its a little underpowered even with the v8 ( maybe thats because my other car is a z28 with an LT1) It looks alot faster than it is. A great looking truck that has everyone asking "what model is that ??,,"did it come new like that?". Smooth as silk ride and drive with decent milege from a 4500lb truck (16.9 mpg so far) definately a head turner. At 46 ive had a lot of cars and this one is up top of the list.

the SYNC cool and love the adrenalin package

differant voice options for the sync, she sounds to much like my wife LOL