2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Ford made this vehicle bland
By jahfre on 01/15/12 07:19 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a Sport Trac in 2001 and drove it for 9 years, putting 260,000 miles on it over the period. That truck was special. Little details and features were well designed and useful...from the tie-down cleats on the bed to the 'bump' feature on the rear sliding window. Dozens of things made those early model year Sport Trac attractive. When I finally wore out the first one I ran to the dealership to get another one. UGH. It is a totally different vehicle...so much worse in so many ways I cannot go into all of them. I use mine to haul rocks, firewood, gravel, etc. The bed was not designed to be used for these things. Awful.

Primary Vehicle
By J. Hines on 07/01/10 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Pretty much satisfied with the vehicle. Only drawbacks are fuel economy, of which I am getting close to 18 mpg around town, and the tire pressure indicator keeps going off. Have had 2 dealerships look at the tire pressure indicator but no solution yet.

All Fords Trucks Need This Style
By Dennis on 06/29/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove several different full-size trucks models including Ford. Had an F- 150 for 11 years. Not much had changed on the interior including, entire front display panel and radio. I was disappointed with this until I test dove the Sport Trac. It's like getting the inside comfort and styling of a luxury car, yet with the manly toughness and sporty styling of a truck. I get 23 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in town. This is slightly better than my previous F-150. My family and I really enjoy going places in this remarkable vehicle.

My little bull truck
By melody on 05/03/10 15:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

In the year of Jan. 2009 we had a snow storm that surprised some of the locals i had left work at 1:00 AM driving slow on highway I 40 freeway and noticed vehicles losing control including a couple of police cars in front of me when the one police officers auto was sliding backwards the officer did manage to get his auto in control and i drove with my new 2008 sport track all wheel drive up the icy hwy with no problems and i felt very safe in my truck on the icy roads. I am very happy I bought this little bull, that left every one in the dust. Yea!

goodbye bowtie
By okie45 on 06/17/09 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the last 2008 adrenalin the dealer had and so far i'm very impressed. Got every option and colorado red paint with 20'' wheels. With only 1000 miles so far I really like the ride and handling of this truck. Its a little underpowered even with the v8 ( maybe thats because my other car is a z28 with an LT1) It looks alot faster than it is. A great looking truck that has everyone asking "what model is that ??,,"did it come new like that?". Smooth as silk ride and drive with decent milege from a 4500lb truck (16.9 mpg so far) definately a head turner. At 46 ive had a lot of cars and this one is up top of the list.

We are impressed more each time we drive
By FoggHornn on 02/20/09 11:14 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Got a fantastic deal on the adrenalin model at Christmas. Had Acuras since 1989, but they were not motivated to sell me a vehicle. Brand loyalty meant nothing to them. We enjoy sitting higher when driving. This truck provides a tremendous sense of security in winter driving situations. The 6-speed tranny is smooth and the V8 is very flexible. The independent rear suspension gives a much more impressive ride over rough roads compared to the Chevy Silverado I rented last year for a weekend. Fuel economy so far is acceptable at 15-20 mpg in winter driving. I'm expecting a seasonal improvement to 20-26 mpg when the weather warms up, like my Acura TL does. We enjoy driving this truck immensely. Recommend just adding sunny days and a favourite recreational activity. This truck has style, power and tremendous versatility. Big grins. It's a keeper.

So far so good
By xero2099 on 02/06/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my Trac since August, have loved it so far. Had a Focus before this so there was a little bit of an adjustment period but it's all been good. Love the rubberized floor. It's a breeze to clean. Could have done a lot better with the MPG though

Embarassment to America
By scubajeff on 01/16/09 04:26 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

What in the heck are they thinking in Detroit? Ford has been making trucks for well on 100 years. This is the most uncomfortable truck I have ever been in. This truck is provided as a work vehicle and I hate to get in the thing. The YukonXL I was in previously was by far a more comfortable, good riding truck. This SUV, while being a smaller body, has no excuse not to have a more comfortable and well designed seat at least. Then add the cheap cheap leather, and interior which looks like its a year old already, and I can see why the big three reps apologized for building cheap cars. This wasn't cheap, but it sure is built that way. Fit and finish? What a joke. Never again Ford. Never.

Adrenalin can't be beat & turns heads
By DrDon on 12/29/08 19:25 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I couldn't resist buying a brand new showroom leftover Adrenalin & taking advantage of Ford employee discounts. Traded in a 05 Silverado SE Special Edition Extended Cab and there's simply no comparison in quality - Ford wins hands down. The ride is tops, the look is...well, the Adrenalin turns heads everywhere I've gone. Definitely buy the Navigation option with Sync. Makes a world of difference. Black interior is nice but I would've enjoyed a two-color treatment. Still, this car/truck combination is versatile, sporty, smooth, cool & a real winner. Might be the best vehicle I've ever owned - and I've had many.

Perfect so far
By PaCOP on 12/09/08 10:51 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have this vehcle about a month and thus far it is great. The Sport Trac seems the perfect fit as I wanted something between a full size pick up and a compact. The bed's a little small but still capable of hauling 4x8 sheets when fitted with a couple 2x4 in the notches in the bed. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Not extravagant but I am still satisfied. MPG could be improved, so far getting 16mpg but would prefer if Ford could up that to 20. The V6 has been adequate and the 5 speed auto is smooth. satelite radio is nice. The molded bed w/ compartments and tiedowns is well designed. Overall look is very appealing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.