Looks good
By Marsha K on
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Just purchased a 2007 Sport Trac and it looks good but the gas mileage leaves something to be desired. It is comfortable and I like the fact that the rear seat can seat adults or fold down for the dogs. The little cubbyholes in the bed seem to be pretty useless. One is unreachable unless I climb into the bed of the truck. The other two aren't even deep enough to hold a bottle of oil upright. I can keep bungee cords in one. I just drove it four hours straight with no discomfort so it fits me pretty good. 5'7 female. The Gas tank is on the wrong side for the USA and the interior door handle is inconvenient.
Favorite Features
I really like the fact that the rear seats fold down. The dogs don't shed all over the rear seat and I can put a quilt on the flat back easier so it is easier to protect from dirty paws or carsickness. UGH!
Suggested Improvements
GAS MILEAGE! I get 14/18 mpg.. I keep thinking about my 10 yr old 4 cyl S10 that gets 19/24 mpg. Shouldn't the car makers be able to make a decent sized vehicle that gets 20 + mpg with regularity? Who put the gas tank on the right side? In the USA we drive on the right and need the tank on the left