2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 4.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - It's a fine ride.

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Review

It's a fine ride.
By WT on

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only owned this vehicle for a few weeks. But, it is so similar to my wife's '06 Explorer I had a pretty good handle on the rig before purchase. It handles very well and gives a quiet, comfortable ride. The steering and suspension systems feel positive on turns with no lean or sway. Mine has the 4.0L engine and it does not lack for power. It pulled my utility trailer with ATV aboard easily. Is the Sport Trac really a truck? Well ... maybe, sort of, I guess, but you won't realize it until you look in the rear view mirror. It is a very pleasing step up from my trade in, an '04 Ranger FX4. The five star crash test rating was a plus.

Favorite Features

Rear seats fold down giving a large, fairly flat, platform. The tailgate closes with a little solid "snick" noise instead of the usual truck reverberating metal clang.

Suggested Improvements

The storage compartment in the front floor of bed is very difficult to use, especially with the hard tonneau cover in place. Wish this had been put in the rear of bed near tailgate.