Great Truck
By FordFan76 on
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
My wife has a 2002 Explorer which we love. The newly redesigned Explorer and Sport Trac are even better. My truck is quieter, safer, and slightly better on gas. It is also a great compromise for people who don't want a full size truck but still want the capabilities of one. The only problem I have experienced so far was a jerky transmission, which was fixed under warranty by adjusting the computer settings. Some improvements: needs more cushioning in the steering wheel. I drive two hours to work and I find my hands getting sore frequently. Put the shifter back on the column. It isn't as "cool" but you have a lot more space on the center console.
Favorite Features
Great Looks, esp with the limited chrome package. Auxillary jack for Ipod, in bed storage, payload capacity, many tie downs in bed, power rear window. Improved interior door handles in this model are nice and they should add them to the rear doors. Improved warranty for drivetrain.
Suggested Improvements
The storage compartments in the bed are great unless you haul a yard of mulch. The gaps are too big and the mulch gets clogged. Gas mileage still needs improvement but it's not too bad for an almost 300hp V-8. Six speed tranny needs some fine tuning in my opinion. More comfortable steering wheel.