Explorer Sport Trac
By Michael on
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I was in the market for a new or used vehicle that made since for home ownership and a new baby boy. I owned a 2004 Ford Ranger and enjoyed it, but needed more room for two small dogs, and the three of us. I was looking at the Toyota Tacoma but found the price and the fact that you had to use premium fuel ludacris. I didn't make it to the Nissan dealership for the frontier quad cab but went through USAA and ended up buying the Explorer Sport Trac that night below invoice. This vehicle is a "SUT" Sport Utility Truck according to my insurance policy. What more could you want, reminds me of an F-150 with suv comfort, and a truck feel.
Favorite Features
Looks like an F-150 from the rear, Ford Explorer from the front bumbper to the b-pillar and then its own design. Very comfortable. I used the 6 foot bed "with the tail gate down," and tie down straps the next day. The turining radius is like a sports car. The cabin has the quiest ride I have had.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage could be better, make the V6 a DOHC engine to keep pace with foreign vehicles, standard i-pod connections, Standard lifetime warranty on powertrain. Standard heated side view mirrors. This vehicle is great overall, and I think the other reviews of this vehicle should be higher.