2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Review: Early Impressions

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Early Impressions
By Jack on

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was about to trade in my '98 F150 for an 06 F150 King Ranch when I read the write up on the Sport Trac. I test drove one and was hooked. I bought the Limited, 4wd V8 and after 2000+ miles am absolutely delighted. It is peppy, handles great, is extremely quiet and pulls my boat out of the lake with ease. The best thing (or possibly the worst) is my wife also loves to drive it. She very seldom drove the F150 but I can't keep her out of the Sport Trac. This is a real winner, don't test drive one unless you are really ready to buy a new vehicle.

I was very impressed with the quiet interior; even at highway speeds you can easily converse at normal tone levels. I particularly like the height and comfort of the seats. Even after driving 500 miles straight I did not feel tired. For a small truck the towing capacity is also impressive.

Its early but at this point I can think of nothing I would change, with the possible exception of adding a lockable gas cap.