2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Best one yet
By Tom on 06/06/06 05:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Having had 2 previous Explorers, this is by far the best. Ride quality and handling are much improved with the new platform. The v-8 gives it a needed power boost and seems to do as well as the 6 cylinder on mileage. The interior is outstanding as well as the new exterior design.

Love the Trac!
By me_alves on 05/18/06 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Have been driving it for over a month now and I am completely satisfied with my decision in the purchase. Smooth and comfortable ride that no other truck could beat!

Herb Gause
By HGause on 04/23/06 07:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Sport Trac and it's a 100% improvement over the other two. It rides a little stiffer but the other improvements make it more fun to drive. I would not consider owning any other vehicle. I really like it.

It's a fine ride.
By WT on 04/17/06 22:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only owned this vehicle for a few weeks. But, it is so similar to my wife's '06 Explorer I had a pretty good handle on the rig before purchase. It handles very well and gives a quiet, comfortable ride. The steering and suspension systems feel positive on turns with no lean or sway. Mine has the 4.0L engine and it does not lack for power. It pulled my utility trailer with ATV aboard easily. Is the Sport Trac really a truck? Well ... maybe, sort of, I guess, but you won't realize it until you look in the rear view mirror. It is a very pleasing step up from my trade in, an '04 Ranger FX4. The five star crash test rating was a plus.

New 07
By Dave Bransky on 04/12/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 99 F-150 for this vehicle. So far I am very pleased with the Sport Trac. The Sport Trac has a glass smooth ride with outstanding handling, and the motor is extremely quiet. I am not really sure how the fuel mileage is going to be, I have only owned the truck for a week, but compared to the Triton 5.4, anything is better.

Perfect Match
By AP on 04/04/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

As a previous 1997 Ranger owner, 2002 & 2003 Explorer owner and a 2004 F150 owner, I have to say the new SporTrac is the best of both worlds. If you are looking for the best combination of passenger room and a bed, the SportTrac is your best choice. Excellent handling, extremely comfortable and superb features make this my favorite Ford truck so far.

Ford Explorer Sport-Trac Ride n Drive
By Wendell Toland Jr on 02/24/06 10:13 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has all of the refinements and upgrades of the 2006 Explorer and then some. The V-6 is smooth with the torque-rise perfectly fitted to the 5-speed automatic transmission. The seats are very supportive and provide ample room in the front-row for a large frame/bodied person like me. All controls are clearly identifiable and are not distracting to my concentration while driving. Fuel economy is excellent, notwithstanding the fact this is a SUV with 4X4 capability. With the intelligent 4 wheel drive system, I had no problems, whatsoever, on slippery surfaces. With the optional safety system(s) which include the side impact and airbag canopy, I feel secure. Great vehicle!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.